The Government of India orders issued today is attached.
Those who retired before 01 Jan 1986, should read the letter carefully.
For grant of Rank Pay arrears the order does not make any distinction among officers who retired before or after 01 Jan 1986 – SO PLEASE RELAX.
Salary of all officers whether they retired before 01 Jan 1986 or after that date, will be revised upwards.
1. Those in service on 01 Jan 1986, will get benefit of full rank pay till the date of retirement (corresponding to their rank on various dates) and half of the rank pay from the date of retirement till 31 Dec 2006.
2. The officers who retired before 01 Jan 1986, will get half of the rank pay as addition to their earlier pension, starting from 01 Jan 1986, till 31 Dec 2006.
3. For the revised pay in both cases the additional DA will also be added.
4. Interest will be given only with effect from 01 Jan 1986. Rate of interest has not been defined in the Supreme Court order. It may be defined in the subsequent letter by the Government.
5. Whether the income tax due will be deducted at source or you will have to pay later is not known at present.
For the well drafted GoI letter we need to once again thank Lt Col BK Sharma President RDOA and his Team Members of Retired Defence Officers Association.
Of course the credit also goes to the Three Service Headquarters who took Colonel Sharma in confidence while drafting this letter.
Thank you Col Sharma and all members of the Executive Committee of the RDOA.
Thank you Pay Cells of The Three Service Headquarters.
Of course the MoD deserves NO THANKS.
GOD will suitably look after all the Babus who are responsible for this gross cheating with the Defence Officers in the case of Rank Pay.
(Contributed by Commodore Bhim Uppal)